Click the below downloading link for Apache OpenOffice suite which is compatible with the multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac and Linux and available freely without any subscription fees.
Introduction to Apache OpenOffice:
If you are looking for the easiest, productive and customizable office suite then you must consider Apache OpenOffice which has the best features whatever you need from an office suite. It is one of the Superior software product to the Microsoft Office. Apache Software Foundation, a registered trademark in the United States and other Countries launched this software. The latest released version is 4.1.3 with the file size of 134 MB for Windows operating system and 159 MB for the MacOS, latest version has got some improvements such as High-security bug fixes available for vulnerability attacks, Supports for the advanced language Dictionary improvements and Improvements to the build tools for developers. As per country-wise, this software supports different languages. Apache OpenOffice is best in its quality with fully open development process along with 200 Millions of users across the world.
Installation and Interface:
Apache OpenOffice Suite software is also available in DVD/CD, anyone can purchase from the market as the offline installer or else you can download from the below link. Click on the .exe file and start the installation. Follow the instructions and complete the installation by clicking on the finish button. At the time of the installation, it asks to create a shortcut for the Apache OpenOffice on the desktop. By clicking on the correct selection the shortcut created automatically. And double click on this icon to start working with the Apache OpenOffice.
Moreover, the interface of the Apache OpenOffice is quite simple and easily understandable for a new user or an expert. The Home screen has six application methods like Word Processor, Excel Spreadsheet, and Presentation Tool, Drawing Tool option, Mathematical calculator, and database editor.
Discussion on Features of Apache OpenOffice:
- It is adaptable with other major office suites and can run together which will read all the competitor files (Microsoft Office).
- As it is the free software can be used for many systems and also supports for any purpose such as commercial, private, educational, government and public administrations.
- It supports Cross Platforms such as Windows, Linux, and Mac. As well as it supports file formats such as .pptx, .xlsx along with common formats like RTF and .txt.
- The home Screen Options such as
- Writer: used for writing anything like a letter or paragraph etc.
- Spreadsheet Calc: It is similar to MSOffice Excel sheet where you can calculate, analyze your data in a numerical way.
- PowerPoint Impress: Available to create the powerful and effective presentations.
- Drawing Tool: Allows Drawing the Simple diagram or the 3D Pictures.
- Base Data management: It helps in maintaining the database. It also allows you to access and modify the tables, forms, and queries within the OpenOffice Suite.
- Mathematical Calculator: Create the mathematical equation by using graphical interface or insert your own formulas at the equation editor.
- Enhanced Copy/Paste, Drag& Drop feature along with Picture crop mode with transparency support to all pixel formats (PNG. JPG).
System Specifications of Apache OpenOffice:
The following platforms are supported by the most current release:
- Operating System: Windows (XP,Vista, 7, 8,10)
- 512 MB RAM recommended
- 650 available disk space Apache OpenOffice will use approximately 440 MB disk space.
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
Mac OS X
- Mac OS X (x86-64 only)
- Intel Processor
- Required 512 RAM
- 400 available disk space
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
Pros and Cons of Apache OpenOffice:
- It is a Free Software, easy to use and reads all the major Microsoft files
- This software can be installed on as many Systems without any license fee and also pass on to your family friends and employees etc.
- Supported by the Global community that provides assistance to the new user or professional.
- Absence of Customer or User- Level Support as this software is being developed and maintained by the community
- Microsoft Office Files created on Apache OpenOffice cannot be displayed 100% exactly sometimes.
Download Apache OpenOffice for Windows & Mac:
Click on below link to download Apache OpenOffice for Windows & Mac. This is completely free software that supports all Windows version both 32/64 Bit.