Audacity for Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 is a free and open source multi-track audio editor and recording software used for the Windows, Mac, etc. This software used for Singletrack recording and multi-track recording with more advanced editing options. Audacity is capable of recording live audio through Microphones, cassettes, tapes or CDs. It allows the user to record the playback from the computer without any quality defect.
Audacity helps the user to edit the sounds by cut copy paste function and also help to mix different tracks. You can apply the favorite effects to your recordings what you need. You can mix one or more tracks to make a single track.
Audacity comes up with the User guide to help their users when compared with other multimedia software. If you are using the Audacity for the first time then you will find a dialog window with how to get help with two supportive links “Quick Help” and “Manual Help” options. The Main Window of the Audacity Comprises of a Title bar, Menu bar, Toolbar, Track table, Selection bar, and Status bar.
Features of Audacity (Audio Editor) Free Download:
- It allows you to create and edit the live tracks before they copy to another source like DVD or CD.
- Audacity Toolbar Manages all multiple inputs and output devices.
- It preserves Old recordings and with the help Audacity, you can transfer them from many resources.
- It allows you to create your Own individual customized ringtones freely with this digital editor which avoids the adware and malware attacks.
- You can Import and export a large number of audio files formats like WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, and Ogg. You can import some sound files, edit them and combine to make the new recording. And export this recording into many different file formats that support audacity.
- Audacity helps to import raw audio files with the special command available command called “Import Raw”.
Some More Features of Audacity for Windows:
- Supports 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit floating point audio sample formats and later the tracks with different sample rates are converted automatically in real-time.
- This software consist of easy editing options such as cut, copy, paste and delete options along with unlimited undo and redo which helps to go back any number of steps. Envelope tool will allow you to change the volume levels to increase (up) and decrease (down) smoothly.
- Provides excellent support for Window screen readers such as JAWS and NVDA.
- In the additional, to audio effects, the user can change the pitch without altering the tempo and also adjust volume with Compressor, Amplify as well as alter frequencies with Equalization, Bass Boost.
- This software has built-in audio effects such as Echo, Phaser, Wahwah.
- Write your own plug-in audio effect with the help of Nyquist programming language.
- Spectrogram Analysis helps for visualizing frequencies whereas for the detailed frequency analysis need to use “Plot Spectrum” command “and for analyzing average rms volume differences between foreground speech and background music user need to use Contrast Analysis.
Audacity (Audio Editor) latest version had come up with some improvements compared to the older version:
- New Scrub ruler which is set by default in audacity can be turned on off from the drop-down menu of the timeline.
- New Time Record feature has been added to the Audacity which alerts you by calculating if there is insufficient disk space for the length of your scheduled recording.
- New Effects have been improved in this version such as distortion effect, rhythm track, and stop and do if paused.
Audacity (Audio Editor) System Requirements:
For below Operation Systems:
- Windows 10 (32- or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Vista (Home Premium/Business/Ultimate) (32- or 64-bit)
- Minimum RAM Required: 2 GB
- Processor Speed: 1 GHz
For the Windows XP (64- or 32-bit), Minimum RAM required: 128 MB, Processor Speed: 300 MHz
Audacity is free clean open source digital audio editor software that has been in the software industry past 16 years which helps the user with advanced customizable features and different audio effects, filters, tone generators, multi-track recordings and many more with the support of user guidance to the new user who never used audio editor till now can try out this excellent latest software version with more advanced functions can be downloaded from below link.
Download Audacity (Audio Editor) for Windows:
Click the below link to download Audacity (Audio Editor) for Windows. This is completely free software that supports all Windows version both 32/64 Bit