Want to modify all your birthday or marriage videos on your desktop computer? Are you interested in editing all types of videos by applying various effects? Are you a beginner and searching for any best video editing software for your Windows PC? Then here is the one-stop solution for all your requirements. Today, we are going to explain 10 top best video editing software for beginners that work on all your Windows devices. By analyzing different factors, we listed out these best free video editors that suits the novice users. So, go through all those video editing tools and download the best one of your choice.
Why Best Video Editing Software for Beginners?
On special days like birthdays, marriage days, festivals, and others, we used to take pictures and record everything with our digital cameras, Smartphones, etc. The videos that we shoot on our Smartphones or other digital gadgets stored in any video type like MP4, MPEG, WMV, FLV, AVI, etc. The file size, resolution, and other factors entirely depend upon the given choices. But when coming to the video outlook, it depends on how we capture or record it. Sometimes, we also capture unwanted clips, noisy background, and useless parts. Looking into those videos can create dissatisfaction for us. That’s why we choose to edit them with the video editing software.
Earlier, we used to take assistance from the professionals for editing all our videos. At present, we have many video editing tools that work on our Windows PCs. So, we can modify the videos within seconds & without taking anyone’s help. There are dozens of video editing software in both free edition and premium edition. Choosing the best video editing software for beginners is the toughest task. Here, in this article, we are going to offer 10 top best free video editing software for beginners for Windows OS. Take a look at all those beginner’s video editors and select the best one according to your requirements. Thus, you can change the video by applying color, animation, sound, and other types of effects to make it more attractive.
How to Choose Best Free Beginners Video Editing Software for Windows?
Since we have many video editing tools for Windows OS, selecting the best one to meet our requirements is the essential thing. So, we offer some simple tips, which helps in choosing the best video editing software for beginners. They are:
One of the most important factors that place any app in the top position is its user interface. In the same way, for video editing software also, it’s essential to have an intuitive and friendly user interface. With the friendly interface and the tools of the video editing software, the beginners can work easily on their Windows PCs. So, after selecting any video editing software, check whether it holds hassle-free UI design or not.
Compatibility of Video Formats:
For editing the videos, first of all, the video editing software has to support the video format. Different types of devices store the videos in multiple types. For example, the Smartphones might save the videos in MP4 format, iPhones in MPEG, video recorders in 3GP, digital cameras in FLV formats, and so on. In case if the video editor does not support the videos that you want to edit, then it is unworthy of using the editing software on your computer. That’s why make sure whether the selected video editing software compatibles with the latest and popular video types or not.
Modern Editing Tools:
Most of the users want to make their videos more attractive with good looking animations and transitions. For making the videos according to our interests, the video editing software must include those transitions, video effects, animations, 3D effects, and others. If the chosen video editing software does not contain any of the new video effects, then you will not create stunning video files. Make sure whether the chosen best video editing software for beginners includes the video transitions, animations, and other effects or not.
Regular Software Updates:
Software manufacturers regularly release new editions with more advanced features. If the software developers of the video editing software that you’re using on your PC do not give any further updates, then you need to use the same old tools and features. So, check once or twice before selecting any video editing software that it offers regular updates or not. By providing the latest features, the best video editing software for beginners can alter their favorite videos according to their needs. Like this, there are many other factors that help the beginners to choose the best free video editing software for their Windows 10 PCs, such as technical support, audio controllers, etc.
Top 10 Best Video Editing Software for Beginners for Windows PC:
Let’s see the top 10 best video editing software for beginners that work on all your Windows PCs. They are:
- NCH VideoPad Video Editor
- VSDC Free Video Editor
- AVS Video Editor
- OpenShot Video Editor
- Wondershare Filmora
- Aimersoft Filmora Video Editor
- Machete Video Editor Lite
- Movavi Video Editor Plus
- Gilisoft Video Editor
NCH VideoPad Video Editor – Best Free Video Editing Software for Beginners:
NCH Software manufactures the VideoPad, which is the best video editing software for beginners. VideoPad Video Editor contains an intuitive user interface so that the users can quickly edit the video files on their Windows PCs. You can call this VideoPad as the best beginner’s video editing software because of the compatibility of various modern and popular video types. Some of the VideoPad supported video formats are MP4, MOV, MPEG, MKV, WMV, FLV, AVI, 3GP, etc. You can download this top best video editor on all the 64-bit of Windows PCs. Some more features of this best free video editing software for beginners are:
- The VideoPad Video Editing Software includes more than 50 different visual effects, transitions, and filters. So, you can modify all your captured or downloaded videos by applying these effects.
- With the inbuilt DVD burner, you can burn all the edited videos to DVDs or Blu-ray discs to save from corruption/damages.
- Even the users of this NCH VideoPad Video Editor can upload their stunning videos with others via social sites like Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- With the audio editing tools, you can edit the background music of any video like applying echo, choral, etc.
- The NCH VideoPad downloads and works on multiple devices, such as Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Kindle.
Click here to know more about VideoPad Video Editor Free for Windows 10.
VSDC Free Video Editor – Top Video Editor for Beginners
VSDC Free Video Editor is also one of the best free video editing software that best suits to the beginners and professionals. With the friendly and easy-to-use options, all categories of consumers can work easily. More importantly, this VSDC Free Video Editor is compatible with different types of videos (both SD and HD formats), for example, MPEG, H.264, Blu-ray, MOV, FLV, DIVX, XVID, 3GP, and many others. For editing, you can add the videos from different sources, such as DVDs, flash drives, digital cameras, webcams, pen drives, memory cards, SD cards, etc. The features that it includes are:
- The best video editing software for beginners for Windows PC also contains the video conversion tool. With this, the user can convert the videos to both videos and audios. For example, 3GP to MP3, MPEG to FLV, DIVX to MP4, etc.
- Also, the disk burning tool included in this free video editor by VSDC supports to add the edited videos to the Blu-ray optical discs and DVDs to secure from third-party users.
- Moreover, the VSDC Free Video Editor for Windows 10 provides advanced video effects to create attractive videos for Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, Twitter, etc.
- With this free video editor, you can apply various effects like blur, highlight, and hide specific parts of the videos.
- The watermarks feature helps in creating unique videos by adding text and images to them and you can post them on your social accounts.
Click the following link to get more info VSDC Free Video Editor Full Version for Windows 10 PC.
AVS Video Editor – Best Beginners Video Editing Software:
Online Media Technologies Limited comes up with the best video editing software that is AVS Video Editor. Yes, the AVS Video Editor is the lightweight video editing software that helps the user to alter all their video files. You can download and install the AVS Video Editor for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. The top best free video editor supports to edit almost all types of video formats, such as MP4, FLV, AVI, DIVX, MPEG, MPG, etc. AVS Video Editing Software includes different tools, such as video trimmer, to select and remove unwanted video parts from it so that you can watch the exact video part. Some other features of this AVS Video Editor are:
- The AVS Video Editor Free Download for Windows 10 combines multiple video files to one large video to watch it continuously without any breaks.
- Moreover, this best video editing software for beginners for Windows offers a DVD burner to copy the videos to the optical discs like DVDs and Blu-rays.
- More importantly, the AVS Video Editor for PC provides the recording tool to capture the desktop elements. After completing the recording process, you can save and edit those video files to remove unnecessary clips.
- The users who have social networking accounts like Facebook, they can publish their creative videos on their accounts to gain shares and likes from others.
Read More: AVS Video Editor Free for Windows 10/7 PC.
Lightworks for Windows:
Lightworks is the best video editing software for beginners for modifying the videos on Windows PCs. The Lightworks Video Editor designed with hassle-free UI design so that you cannot face any issues while using it. Moreover, the Lightworks contains the video splitting tool to divide a single video into small segments. And you can further edit all those small chunks by applying various effects of Lightworks. The best video editor for Windows also allows you to edit the metadata of the videos like video name, year, genre, album, etc. To know more about this Lightworks Video Editing Software, follow the below features.
- Lightworks is compatible with different types of video formats, including HD types, such as MP4, MPEG, MPG, FLV, AVI, 3GP, DIVX, H.264, AVCHD, UHD, etc.
- All those modified videos using this Lightworks can be published on different online websites like Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, etc.
- While using this Lightworks best free video editing software for beginners, you cannot observe any issues with the file quality.
- You can download and Setup the Lightworks Video Editor on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Moreover, the trimmed or watermarked videos of this Lightworks play on any digital device like iPhones, iPods, Android Smartphones, tablets, and video players.
OpenShot Video Editor:
OpenShot Video Editor is listed as one in the top 10 free best video editing software for beginners for Windows 10 PCs. With the help of this OpenShot Video Editor for Windows, you can easily and quickly add the videos to the editing wizard, apply the video effects, and turn them to more beautiful. The most exciting feature of this OpenShot Video Editing Software is it works on different devices, such as Windows PCs, Mac devices, and Linux systems. It holds a huge list of supported video formats, and it includes MP4, MPEG, FLV, AVI, H.264, 3GP, MPG, AVCHD, Ultra HD, etc. The OpenShot Video Editor also provides some advanced features, such as:
- The slicing option available in this free video editing software for beginners helps in separating the videos to multiple parts based upon your requirements, such as file size.
- Moreover, the video trimmer allows you to watch clear videos because it removes unwanted beginning and endings.
- You can apply the 3D animation effects to the videos by selecting from the list, like lens, flares, snow, flying text, etc.
- By using the speed controllers, you can create the videos to play in reverse motion, increasing the speed, decreasing the video speed, etc.
Click here to know about OpenShot Video Editing Software for Windows PC.
Wondershare Filmora – Top Free Video Editor for Beginners:
Wondershare Filmora9 is the best video editing software that helps in editing all your recorded, downloaded, and other videos on your PC. It is the one-stop solution for the video editing process. The Wondershare Filmora9 includes many advanced features, and one such is its intuitive graphical user interface. It is one of the perfect best video editing software for beginners because of its easy-to-use tools. Some other features of this free video editor are:
- The Filmora9 Video Editor allows you to remove unwanted background noises, clumsy music, and others to listen to the audio clearly.
- It is one of the top 10 best video editing software for Windows because it helps in creating 4K videos, which is the high-quality video format.
- Share all your favorite videos socially using your accounts, such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Moreover, you can upload confidential videos on to cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- This Wondershare Filmora9 is compatible with 64-bit of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Also, you can make use of this top best free video editing software for beginners on Mac devices.
Click here to get the complete guide of Wondershare Filmora9 Free Full Version for Windows.
Aimersoft Filmora Video Editor:
Aimersoft also comes up with the best video editing software that is Aimersoft Filmora Video Editor. Check out all its features and inbuilt tools, and download on to your Windows PC as soon as possible. This Aimersoft Filmora Video Editor is regarded as one in the top 10 best video editing software for beginners. It includes many outstanding features for modifying the video files, such as the cropping tool to remove unwanted edges, corners, and others to play the entire video without any noisy things. The video splitter and video merger included in this Aimersoft Video Editor allows you to divide the videos to multiple files and combine several videos to one single file, respectively. Some more features of this Filmora Video Editor are:
- The speed control option helps you to speed up or slow down the video playing to watch it in the fast or slow motion.
- Moreover, you can enhance the color of the videos by altering the basic parameters like brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation.
- To listen to the audio perfectly, you can adjust the volume by increasing or decreasing it using this best video editing software.
- The audio extraction tool of this Filmora Video Editor allows you to get your favorite music from the videos. After that, you can save them on any audio types like MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG, etc.
Machete Video Editor Lite:
Machete Video Editor Lite for Windows is also placed in the top 10 best video editing software for beginners. This Machete Video Editor Lite is available for free so that you can download it on all your Windows PCs for free of cost. Moreover, this free video editor best suited for both non-advanced and technical people because of its modern and intuitive tools. And it also contains many tools like slicing, which you can use it for dividing the videos to multiple parts. The Cut, Copy, and mix are also a few editing tools that help in making your own videos. It also includes
- You can add the video formats of AVI and WMV to edit on this Machete Video Editor Lite.
- By using this popular video editing software, you can’t observe any quality loss problems after completing the editing process.
- Since the Machete Video Editor Lite is lightweight software, you can download and install it faster on your Windows computer.
- The edited videos of this Machete Video Editing Software play the videos on your digital devices, such as tablets & Smartphones.
- If you want to capture any video frame, then you can do so by using this Machete Video Editor Lite. It saves the captured video frame in image formats like BMP, PNG, and JPEG.
Click here to know about the Machete Video Editor Lite Free Version for Windows.
Movavi Video Editor Plus:
Movavi Software Limited develops the video editing software in two versions, Movavi Video Editor and Movavi Video Editor Plus. You can download anyone because both the apps include intuitive or easy-to-use tools. We can say that the Movavi Video Editor Plus and Movavi Video Editor are the best video editing software for beginners that work on Windows and Mac devices. The user interface of this Movavi Video Editor Plus is simple so that the user can easily use it without any need of the prior knowledge for editing the videos. By using this free video editor, you can add all your memorable videos like birthdays, marriage days, special occasions, and festivals, and edit them according to your choices. Also, you can take the downloaded and recorded videos as your input files and edit them by applying the video effects. Some more features of this best video editing software for beginners are:
- The Movavi Video Editor Plus for Windows contains a huge number of filters to apply to your videos. Also, you can make use of the inbuilt animated transition effects to watch them with a beautiful experience.
- Moreover, you can add titles with animation effects to your videos to know brief info about those files. By this, you can make the titles to show from the bottom or left or corners or right or top of the videos while playing it on your devices.
- For making the videos to look differently, you can use the rotate option to change the direction of the videos. At the same time, the Movavi Video Editor Plus provides the cropping tool to remove unwanted edges from the videos.
- Finally, the Movavi Video Editing Software helps in adding introductions to the videos, which resemble the movie intros.
Gilisoft Video Editor:
Gilisoft Video Editor is the one of the top 10 best video editing software for beginners for Windows PC. With this free video editor, you can edit different formats of videos, such as MP4, FLV, AVI, MPEG, MPG, DIVX, XVID, DVD, etc. The inbuilt editing tools of this Gilisoft Video Editing software allow you to edit the videos according to your needs. This free Gilisoft Video Editor for PC is compatible with almost all the editions of Windows operating system that is from Windows XP to Windows 10. Moreover, the free video editing software for beginners works on Mac operating system without any issues. Gilisoft develops its video editor with hassle-free graphical user interface for providing easy access to all its users. So, click the link below to download the Gilisoft Video Editor Free for Windows PC. Go through the following features to know more about this free video editor.
- The Gilisoft Video Editor provides the watermark feature to create unique videos on your Windows PC. You can add the images and text as the watermarks to your videos to turn them into the unique one. After that, you can publish those watermarked video files on your social accounts like Facebook, etc.
- If you want to watch two different videos at the same time, then use the picture-in-picture mode feature of this Gilisoft Video Editor.
- The subtitle feature of this best video editing software for beginners allows you to add subtitles to your videos, and for that, it supports different formats like SRT, ASS, SSA, etc.
- Moreover, the user can make use of this Gilisoft Video Editor for converting their videos to GIF files easily and quickly without any loss of its quality.
- Even you can decrease the video file size by using the inbuilt video compression tool of this Gilisoft software.
Click here to know more about Gilisoft Video Editor Free Edition for Windows 10.
Therefore, I would like to say that the above-provided top 10 best video editing software for beginners helps you a lot in editing the videos of your choice. Go through all those free video editors, and select the best one to meet requirements, and download it on your Windows computer.