Download Active@ KillDisk Ultimate Version, as it allows you to erase several disks simultaneously, and you do have the option to choose from various erasing standards that are accepted across the world. Moreover, this best free file shredder for Windows can also let you view all the files and folders that are present in the internal or external storage devices. Further, the Active@ KillDisk Ultimate can quickly recognize all the hidden sectors of your drive to restore the storage device to the previous state, and it also supports various editions of Windows such as XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32/64-bit).
Active@ KillDisk Ultimate Version Review:
Did you ever know the benefits of using disk erasers or secure erasers? Before discussing the benefits of disk erasers or secure erasers, let us get to know what exactly Windows does when you delete a file. After that, we shall also discuss how this process can result in serious security issues. Later on, we shall also discuss what best can we do to avoid such security issues. Initially, when you choose to delete a file from any of your partitions or recycle bin, Windows marks the file as deleted, but the traces of deleted files are left behind. In case if you would like to recover them, you can do it by running a data recovery software. When the device is available with you, there is a low probability of someone accessing your device to get back your sensitive files.
Let us assume a situation in which you are no longer willing to access the device as its performance might have dropped or due to some other reason. In such circumstances, if you don’t perform the sanitization process on your disk and pass it on to others. Then they might easily recover all your sensitive files by using a data recovery tool. Once they manage to recover your private or confidential files and images, you can understand how they can threaten or blackmail you for illicit gains. For this reason, experts highly recommend you to download and install a secure eraser that doesn’t leave even a single trace of the previously deleted file.
Active@ KillDisk Ultimate Version is highly efficient in working in batch mode to let you automatically erase files and folders without having to initiate the erasing process every time after deleting the traces of each file. More importantly, this file eraser for Windows can also erase disks or drives that are more than four terabytes in size. Optimistic users can download the ultimate version of Active@ KillDisk by clicking on the download button that is present at the bottom of the article.
Features of Active@ KillDisk Ultimate for Windows PC (32/64-Bit):
- With the help of Active@ KillDisk Ultimate for Windows PC (32/64-bit), users can erase data from the unbootable devices by positioning it on the bootable media.
- Further, this free file eraser is also capable of creating bootable media such as DVD, CD, USB, Blu-ray Disc, or ISO.
- Furthermore, this best free file shredder can also make use of various disk erasing or wiping standards such as One Pass Random, Canadian OPS-II, US DoE M205.1-2, US Army AR380-19, British HMG IS5 Enhanced, and many more.
- Moreover, this disk eraser can save all the details of the secure erasing process in a PDF file so that you view that you can view them and analyze which files have undergone the sanitization process.
- Apart from these features, this file eraser for Windows can also free up space by overwriting unwanted data or taces with some other files.
We also recommend users to download and install iBeesoft File Shredder Free for Windows 7/10 (32/64-bit) as it is also one of the best file shredders available in the market.
System Requirements of Active@ KillDisk:
- OS: It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- CPU: 500 MHz or faster Intel Pentium.
- RAM: 256 MB of memory.
- Hard Disk: 100 MB of free space.
- Developer: LSoft Technologies Inc.
Final Thoughts of Active@ KillDisk:
On the whole, Active@ KillDisk Ultimate for Windows is one of the top-class file shredder tools that can securely erase all sensitive files, traces, and it can also store the detailed report of the secure erasing process in a PDF file. Additionally, it also supports the erasing of data on several external storage devices such as HDD, SDD, memory cards, and many more.