Did you ever try to get rid of ransomware from your Windows PC? If you are looking to secure your crucial files and folders from ransomware attacks, then you have chosen the right article. In this article, we will let you know the benefits of using the best ransomware protection, and later on, we shall also discuss some of the Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tools 2020 for Windows 10/7/8. By using the best security software, users can prevent malware programs that have the potential to encrypt or hold your files hostage to demand ransom amount. After thoroughly reading the article, we advise you to download the Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tool that suits your needs and requirements.
Interested users can also try Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware Tool Free Download to secure their PC from various types of ransomware programs.
What is Ransomware?
Ransomware is known as a malicious program that can pretend like the genuine ones and damage your PC immediately after rebooting your PC. Usually, all ordinary antivirus solutions use signature-based detections to identify any threats. In such situations, user’s devices that contain antivirus solutions without advanced features will not be able to detect ransomware programs. As a result, those devices are very likely to experience situations like data losses and even unable to boot system. Later on, to recover the data or access their device, users may have to pay a ransom amount.
How Does the Best Ransomware Protection Work?
Before discussing how the Best Ransomware Protection works, let us initially get to know-how advanced malicious programs manage to infiltrate into the user’s device to cause maximum damage. Later on, we will see how various organizations have come up with solutions that can ensure maximum security to the user’s device. Initially, when you visit any malicious website or download an infected file from the email, you may receive malware but, the infiltrated malware program behaves like a genuine one and manages to go undetected by most ordinary antivirus solutions. After that, when you boot the PC, they will start infecting your system files and prevent the operating system from booting.
Now, the task of Best Ransomware Protection is to check the behavior of the program or even block suspected files before they can infiltrate into the device. Later on, when the users boot the PC, anti-ransomware protection scans the startup items and any possible infections that can prevent the booting of the PC. By doing so, the Best Ransomware Protection Tools can avoid severe damages to the user’s device.
How Does the Best Ransomware Protection Work?
5 Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tools 2020 for Windows 10/7/8:
Below we have listed the Best Ransomware Protection Tools, and you can either of them as per your preferences.
Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool:
Kaspersky is an organization that has more than two decades of experience in introducing various security solutions that can protect user’s devices and even data present in it. Among the security solutions which Kaspersky currently has are Kaspersky Antivirus, Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware, Kaspersky Total Security, Kaspersky Internet Security, and many more. In this article, we willing to discuss the Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool, which is one of the 5 Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tools 2020. This Best Ransomware Protection Tool for Windows also generates vulnerable apps report so that you can update them to the latest versions and prevent malware programs from entering into your device. Users who are looking for features such as machine learning, expert analysis, and automatic analysis can go ahead and purchase the premium version of the Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for additional security.
Features of Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware:
- There are several instances in which apps present in user’s devices might indulge in suspicious activities like gathering personal information and many more. In order to block such dangerous applications, Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool performs behavioral detection to collect information about the application’s actions on your device.
- Moreover, the cloud analysis in this Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tool 2020 can also enhance the device protection by making use of file and software reputation from users worldwide.
- More importantly, Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool also allows you to manage apps by adding them a trusted list, or it also lets you add apps in the block list. Users do have the option to block machines or mark them as trusted ones but, to do this, users need to make sure the audit logon events function is enabled in Windows settings.
- For a while, let us assume that any remote machine attempts to encrypt any of the folders, the shared folder protection feature in this Best Ransomware Protection will block the connection of the remote machine to those folders.
- Further, users do have the option to identify and block various types of threats, such as malware, adware, and even crypto miners.
Avast Free Anti-Ransomware Tool for Windows:
Avast is one of the organizations which are located in Prague, Czech Republic. To let you know more about Avast, it also develops various security products such as Avast Free Anti-Ransomware Tool, Avast SecureLine VPN, Avast Passwords, Avast Premium Security, Avast Ultimate, and many more. These products are well known for securing the user’s privacy at the time of various cyber-attacks. This Free Anti-Ransomware Tool supports multiple platforms such as Android, Mac, iOS, and Windows. Avast Free Anti-Ransomware Tool falls into the category of 5 Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tools 2020 as it is also capable of block malware programs and also allows you to switch to do not disturb mode whenever required.
Some of the features of this Free Anti-Ransomware Tool:
- Avast Free Anti-Ransomware Tool includes a user-friendly interface that helps professionals and even novice users navigate quickly without any time delay.
- At times, outdated software might also act as a perfect entry point for ransomware programs to infiltrate into your device. In order to prevent such situations, this Best Ransomware Protection Tool can update all the applications to their latest versions.
- Besides, outdated drivers in any device can also provide passage to the malware program to infiltrate into the user’s device. Along with this, users may also experience situations in which their accessories might not be accessible as a result of outdated drivers. Even in such cases, this best ransomware protection can update all the drivers to the latest versions to prevent malware attacks.
- Moreover, the file shield in this program can scan all files added to your device or the open ones on your PC.
- More importantly, the behavioral shield can also warn or alert you in case any application or program performs any suspicious activity.
- Further, the web shield in this Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tool is also capable of preventing several web attacks, and it even blocks unsafe downloads that might contain various infections.
Interested users can click on the link to download Avast Free Anti-Ransomware Tool for Windows 10/7/8.
ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is a product of CheckPoint, and it is very efficient in detecting and blocking ransomware programs. Along with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware, CheckPoint also owns various other products such as ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus, and many more. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is well-known for securing user’s data from any ransomware attacks. This software also comes under the list of 5 Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tools 2020 as it can prevent any malicious program from encrypting your system files, which can lead to an unbootable device.
Below we shall discuss various features of ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware:
- With the help of an auto file restoration feature, ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware can effectively recover any file or document which is held hostage by advanced ransomware programs.
- Further, the file protection feature in this program can also proactively detect any online threats that have the potential to attack or damage your files.
- At times, multiple users from across the world have faced situations in which their system files were encrypted, and they couldn’t boot their PC or even access their crucial data present on the device. To avoid such situations, the PC shield in this Best Free Anti-Ransomware Tool can block all kinds of malware infections so that users will never lose access to their device or data available in it.
- ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware Tool includes a user-friendly and straightforward, which ensures you don’t face any difficulties in securing your files or also while restoring them.
Users can click on the link to download ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware Tool for Windows 10/7/8.
Gridinsoft is also one of the organizations which produce the best security solutions in order to secure the user’s device from various online threats. Some of the products of Gridinsoft include Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, Trojan Killer, and Gridinsoft Anti-Ransomware. In this post, we will get to know about Gridinsoft Anti-Ransomware, which secures your device from various online threats.
Features of Gridinsoft Anti-Ransomware:
- There are various instances in which multiple users from across the world have come across file and folder encryption by ransomware programs. To avoid file encryptions by ransomware programs, Gridinsoft Anti-Ransomware proactively blocks any malware infections so that you will not experience data losses.
- Further, this Best Ransomware Protection can also run the scanning process without taking much time, and as a result, you will be able to identify online threats within a short span. Finally, after completion of all your tasks, you will feel like your device performance has increased to a large extent, and your productivity will also increase as you will be able to complete your work faster than earlier.
- Most of the users might be aware that after encrypting the files, ransomware produces demand money in return to decrypting it. But, by using this Free Anti-Ransomware Tool for Windows, users can quickly restore any of their encrypted files to avoid huge financial losses.
- More importantly, Gridinsoft Anti-Ransomware also allows users to enable various options such as run at Windows startup, minimize to tray when start or close.
Malwarebytes Ransomware Protection:
Malwarebytes has its headquarters at Santa Clara, CA, and it is an organization that produces the best security solutions for various users across the world. Some of the products of Malwarebytes include Malwarebytes Ransomware Protection, Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, and Malwarebytes Browser Guard. Malwarebytes supports multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Android, and iOS. This Best Ransomware Protection is also very efficient in securing business data from malicious attacks that can hold the data hostage to demand a ransom. This Best Ransomware Protection is available as a free trial for 30 days, and after that, users will have to purchase a premium version of the program.
Features of Malwarebytes Ransomware Protection:
- With the help of Malwarebytes Ransomware Protection, users can identify outdated applications in order to provide high-level security to prevent any malware attack which can exploit vulnerabilities.
- Further, this security software also uses advanced machine learning technologies, which can effectively identify and block malicious code that can cause severe damage after its execution.
- Moreover, this Best Ransomware Protection also secures your crypto wallets to avoid losing cryptocurrencies.
We also recommend users to download RanStop Anti-Ransomware for Windows as it is also one of the best ransomware protection tools available in the market.
On the whole, we advise users to download and install the Best Ransomware Protection to secure their PC and as well their data present on it. Additionally, users can secure their cryptocurrencies by choosing either of these anti-ransomware programs.