Are you looking for the best note-taking apps for your Windows PC and other Windows-based devices? Do you want to type notes, share ideas, clip web pages, and many more on your personal computers? No need to worry because there are lots and lots of best note-taking apps available in the present software market for both free and paid versions. It is quite difficult to choose the right one among those. So, we came forward to introduce one of the top 5 best note-taking apps for Windows PC in 2020, which provided high-rich features and functionalities to deliver all your requirements in no time.
Why do we need to use Note-Taking Apps for Windows PC?
Taking notes using a pen or pencil may take a longer time when you want to write instantly. Simultaneously, you may feel tiresome by continuously writing on paper. Therefore, for a change, now most of the users are utilizing note-taking software’s regardless of the device they use to share their thoughts and ideas instantly. It includes devices like Smartphones, desktops, tablets, laptops, and so on. So, in this article, we compiled the top 5 best Note-Taking Apps in 2020 for all professionals and beginners to use on their Windows Operating Systems.
Here, we listed out the top 5 best note-taking Applications for Windows 10/8/7 PC in 2020
- Microsoft OneNote
- Zoho Notebook
Evernote is one of the top best note-taking application for Windows 10/8/7 PC because of its high rich features. With the help of this application, users can find information or news, share ideas, web pages, and other projects in just a few mouse clicks. In this, all Windows users can manage all their projects, clients, deadlines, and meetings with ease. The interface in this free note-taking app is easy to use, inituative, and even user-friendly so that both the technical users and non-technical users can access it freely all the time.
To use Evernote on your PC, you need to create a personal account with a valid email address and password (min of 8 characters). In case, if you are an Evernote user, you can directly sign in with your email. In three simple steps, you can start your new project. At first, the user needs to click on the “+ “option to open the blank page. After that, add content in that writing page, including images, attachments, links, and more as you require. Similarly, you can change the font size, type, name, and others with in-built tools. Finally, save your content and find it whenever it is needed.
- The Evernote note-taking app helps all users to easily and quickly create, organize, and sync notes, images, and more from their Windows PC.
- Besides, it is compatible with Windows PC, Browser, MacOS, Android, iOS devices.
- It also helps as a scanner so, you can take photos of pages of books and other documents in a single click.
- Users can annotate PDF files and images for easy communication with their team members working remotely in their offices.
- Furthermore, you can scan receipts, contracts, business cards, and legal documents with this program.
- With Evernote, users can add bulleted and numbered lists, attach files of any kind, Add checkboxes, and Record audio, Take a photo with your camera or webcam, and many more.
- The Best Note-Taking Apps for Windows PC in 2020 include different tools to customize your work faster. Some of them are Text style tools, Layout tools, List tools, Highlighting tool, etc.
- You can also use reminders to keep track of your essential notes that contain sensitive information, receive notifications for events, and upcoming tasks.
- In this, all Windows users can forward newsletters, travel reservations, digital receipts, and more directly to the Evernote account.
- The Web clipper function included in this note-taking software enables Windows users to save the screenshots captured from the websites directly to Evernote’s personal account.
2. Microsoft OneNote
OneNote is the Best Note-Taking Apps in 2020 that mainly helpful for Windows users to write anything on their own with a better interface. It comes with a simple and graphical friendly interface so that both the new and old Windows users can access it freely whenever they needed for their computers. With this application, users can quickly navigate and search their texts at any time. Moreover, Microsoft OneNote is fully compatible with Windows PC, Browser, Mac OS, and iOS devices.
To use Microsoft OneNote on your personal laptops or PCs, click on the download link of the OneNote Note-Taking App here without any hesitation. Once you are on the login page, you must sign in with your email credentials. In case, if you don’t have a OneNote user account, then click on the “create one” option to create a new account. The Microsoft OneNote’s user-interface Window displays on your desktop screen with great resolution. Initially, click on the show notebook option to start. Then, click on the + Notebook button to create a new notebook. After that, the users need to enter the name for the notebook in the notebook name box, and then click create a notebook option.
- With the help of free note-taking software, all users can Sort out their content across sections, notebooks, and other pages.
- Furthermore, users can freely draw their ideas and thoughts and even annotate their notes, using a finger or a stylus.
- The OneNote Web Clipper function helps users to save their content within a single mouse click.
- Users can also share their documents with their friends, family members, and colleagues, and even to cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
- In this, users can also record their audio notes, add files, and even insert online videos in it.
- At the same time, users can insert a picture, documents, table, files, add tags, links in their projects as per their preference.
- The search bar in this program enables users to search through audio notes. By default, this option is turned off because of its slow in searching.
- In the insert tab, you can add audios, videos, tables, screenshots, and others in your notes.
- More importantly, all Windows users can embed any file or document directly into Microsoft OneNote.
Simplenote is a well-designed Best Note-Taking Apps Freeware for Windows PC in 2020 that mainly helpful for business and home users to keep lists, notes, ideas, and many more in one place. The best notes app for Windows PC has a simple, easy to navigate, and even user-friendly so that both the technical users and novices can use it freely whenever it is needed. It is available for MacOS, Windows PC, iOS, and Android devices.
Click here to get the download link of Simplenote for Windows 10/8/7. After downloading, the user must follow the basic installation steps to run on their computers. Immediately, the login page opens on your desktop screen, so you need to log in with your email address and password.
If you forgot your password, then click on the forgot password option where you will get an email regarding the forget password link on your registered email address. After that, you have to click on it, and you shall be taken to the concerned forget password page so that you can create a new password and login to a simple note application.
- Initially, click on the file option mentioned at the top left corner on the Simplenote under that click a new note to create a new project. Moreover, users can import or export their notes within a single mouse click.
- The main interface of this Simplenote contains three different options they are, menu, search, and create a new note option. In the menu option, you can see options like all notes, Trash, and settings.
- Similarly, the search option allows users to search for all the essential notes that they have written. At first, type the name or title of the particular note in the search box and then press the ok button.
- In this, users can also use keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl-n, Ctrl-f, Ctrl- –, Ctrl-+, Ctrl-0, and many more that helps to quickly and easily navigate and even commands.
- With undo and redo options, users can reverse a mistake or restores any actions that have been before undone.
- Furthermore, users can enlarge the size of the text and reduce the size of the text with the help of zoom in and zoom out options.
- By using this application, users can find their notes with simple tags and instant searching.
The notion is the top best freeware note-taking software for Windows PC and other Windows-based devices. The main objective of using this powerful note-taking tool app is to write, plan, and even collaborate all your needs in one particular place. The user-interface in this notion note-taking program is a reliable and friendly interface so all users (new & old) can use it freely all the time. This freeware application works great on Windows PC, MacOS, Android, and iOS devices. Besides, it even works offline, but the user needs to sign up or log in to sync their content.
Click here to get the download link of the notion Desktop.
- Notion Note Taking App helps all Windows users to store all the information and notes digitally.
- Moreover, all Windows users can take notes, manage projects, and add tasks and many more in no time.
- It provides the building blocks, and the user can create their own layouts and toolkit to get work to be done.
- This professional note-taking app is fully equipped with markdown and keyboard shortcuts.
- Users can import their notes from Evernote, Asana, Dropbox paper, Google Docs, Workflowy, and more.
- With the help of the search tool, the user can easily and quickly search for any of the text that they want.
- In this Best Note-Taking Apps for Windows PC in 2020, users can choose from the basic coding, database, blank post, calendar, and more to manage and create the information hub that they needed.
- Besides, users can upload pictures and add links to their projects.
5. Zoho Notebook
Zoho Notebook stands as the top best freeware note-taking application available in the present software market. By using this freeware application, users can create, organize, and share ideas from their Windows PC and other Windows-based devices. The freeware Zoho Notebook is a cross-platform software, and available for Windows PC, MacOS, Linux, and others. Besides, users can personalize their notebook with a collection of notebook covers or just add any of the images of their choice by dragging and dropping it directly on a notebook. Also, they can change the color of the notes to remain stylish and well-organized. In a notebook, there are six types of cards, and there are text cards, checklist cards, Audio Card, photo cards, Sketch cards, file cards.
Click here to know more about Zoho Notebook
Initially, users need to signup with an email address and password to work with Zoho Notebook.
- With the help of this Best Note-Taking Apps for Windows PC in 2020, users can take notes while recording a lecture.
- In the WebClipper function, you can clip images and text easily and quickly.
- On the other hand, users can share their notes through iMessage, email, SMS, Airdrop, and many more.
- Users can also tag their notes to make them quickly searchable and keep them in a well-organized way.
- Notecards in this application are the inbuilt template, which helps all users to capture different types of content inside the Notebook.
- The text card allows all Windows users to capture anything in a note, and a checkbox card helps to create checklists.
- With the audio card, you can record voice notes in just a single mouse click.
- The Zoho Notebook has a neat and graphical user-friendly interface so that all Windows and Mac users can use it on their PC with more comfort.
- Users can group all the relevant Notecards into a stack to organize them in a better way.
- All your notes in this program are seamlessly synced over many devices, and also to the Zoho cloud.
- Apart from this, you can insert links, images, and horizontal rules in your project.
On the whole, all the above 5 top best note-taking apps for Windows PC/laptop used to create, organize, and even add attachments, images, and more from their computers. The Best Note-Taking Apps for Windows PC in 2020 include excellent functionalities and features to deliver all their tasks in no time. This above-listed freeware software’s are free to download for Windows platforms and even supports other Operating Systems. Follow the simple mouse clicks to install and run on your personal PCs. No need to worry about the installation process because it requires less file size to work on your personal PCs or laptops.