If you have a problem with Disney Plus not working on Firestick, then you are not alone, this error has been responded to by many users. The following article will share with you the simplest ways to fix the Disney Plus not working on Firestick error. Follow the steps below to get the best experience on Disney Plus on Firestick!
- 1 What’s going on with Disney Plus and my Fire Stick?
- 2 How to Repair Disney Plus not working on Firestick
- 2.1 Option 1: Reset your Firestick to fix Disney Plus not working on Firestick
- 2.2 Option 2: To force a stop, clear the cache
- 2.3 Disconnect the Firestick and TV
- 2.4 Verify if the Disney Plus services are unavailable
- 2.5 Install Disney Plus again
- 2.6 Reset your wireless router
- 2.7 Verify your internet speed
- 2.8 Check the speed of your Firestick’s internet connection
- 2.9 Update the OS on your Firestick
- 2.10 Your Firestick has been factory reset
- 3 CONCLUSION
What’s going on with Disney Plus and my Fire Stick?
The Disney Plus app not functioning on your Fire Stick is most frequently caused by problems with the streaming platform itself, poor internet connectivity, or a need to restart the Fire Stick. Moreover, there can be problems with the Disney Plus app itself that prevent the service from functioning properly.
How to Repair Disney Plus not working on Firestick
The fixes listed below are arranged from quickest and easiest to more complex repairs, so proceed through them in sequence.
Option 1: Reset your Firestick to fix Disney Plus not working on Firestick
Even though it may seem like a simple remedy, one of the most popular ways to cure Disney Plus is by simply restarting your Firestick.
This is due to the fact that restarting your Firestick clears its cache, and a built-up cache can lead to a number of issues.
Your Firestick’s cache may be to blame for problems with the display freezing, apps breaking, audio acting up, TV streaming and sluggishness, etc.
And since the Disney Plus app isn’t functioning properly for you, we’re going to start by restarting your Firestick and deleting the cache.
A Firestick can be reset in one of two ways.
- A forced restart is the first option. Hold down the CENTER and PLAY keys on your Firestick remote control simultaneously for roughly 15 seconds to accomplish this. Your Firestick should reboot after being forcibly turned off by this. It won’t return to service for a few seconds.
- Holding down the Center button for three seconds and selecting Settings > My Fire TV > Restart will also restart your Firestick.
Your cache has been cleared, and perhaps your Disney Plus app is now operational once again.
Option 2: To force a stop, clear the cache
Force stopping your Disney Plus app and clearing the cache are the next steps to take if restarting your Firestick didn’t work (this time, from the app itself).
- Go there to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE INSTALLED APPLICATIONS to “Force Stop” the Disney Plus app.
- A listing of all your apps will appear as a result. When you reach Disney Plus, scroll down and click it to FORCE STOP.
You need to erase the cache now that the program has been paused.
Cache is essentially just a collection of information that is saved on your device to aid in the little speeding up of specific processes.
The issue is that your Firestick’s cache doesn’t do much to solve it. The cache merely slows down operations because it uses up valuable storage space on the Firestick’s tiny processor!
Follow the same steps you used to FORCE STOP but choose Remove CACHE to remove the cache on your Firestick. While you’re about it, why not CLEAR DATA?
Disconnect the Firestick and TV
The following step is to unplug your TV and your Firestick streaming device, if you have one, in order to get Disney Plus running once more on your Firestick (if the TV has Fire TV built in, just unplug and disconnect your TV).
- Depending on your configuration, I would just unhook your Firestick from the wall or the back of your TV to get started.
- Next, unhook the power cord from the TV.
- Now that the TV and Firestick are both unplugged, it’s important to truly hold out for 60 full seconds.
- Be patient and wait until at least a minute has passed before plugging your TV and Firestick back in.
- Locate and hold down the power button for 30 seconds while the TV is unplugged. Make sure that you are pressing the TV’s power button and not the remote control.
This will enable the TV to soft restart itself and assist drain any remaining power in the device. This is different from just turning the remote on and off!
After the 60 seconds, plug in the TV and Firestick again, turn on the TV, and Disney Plus should start functioning once more.
Great if it is! If the issue persists, try the additional remedies listed below.
Make sure the Disney Plus servers aren’t down if Disney Plus is still not functioning on your Firestick.
Even if it doesn’t happen frequently, it is a genuine possibility. You can also discover if Disney Plus is unavailable on other devices, such as your laptop or smartphone.
In this situation, let’s calm down and wait for the servers to re-active.
You can find out when Disney Plus will resume streaming if you follow the platform on social media sites like Twitter. Additionally, you can find information on websites like Downdetector.
To figure out why Disney Plus isn’t functioning on your Firestick, try the following solutions if the website isn’t actually down.
Install Disney Plus again
You should try reinstalling the Disney Plus app if none of the solutions mentioned above did not worked.
- To check installed applications, go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS.
- Click the Disney Plus app again and choose UNINSTALL next.
- On a Firestick, reinstall the Disney Plus app.
After that, turn your Firestick back on and off. Simply return to the Apps menu and reinstall Disney Plus there after that:
Search for Disney Plus under SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > APP STORE.
Reset your wireless router
If your router isn’t functioning properly, Disney Plus on your Firestick won’t work properly. Examine your smartphone or other Wi-Fi-capable devices at home.
Your router won’t work properly if they aren’t connecting.
Merely disconnect the router for a short while, then re-plug it. The router will need some time to properly reset, but once it is back online, your Firestick should be able to connect to Disney Plus.
Let’s contact the customer support line of your internet service provider if you’re still experiencing troubles with your internet connection.
Verify your internet speed
Additionally, a Firestick’s ability to broadcast video to your TV may be severely hampered by sluggish internet connections.
Firestick advises a minimum download speed of 3.0 Mbps for SD content and up to 9.0 Mbps for HD for the optimal viewing experience.
You should test your internet connection and see how your Internet speed. You can use your smartphone or laptop to run this, but you must be close to your Firestick and connected to the same WiFi network.
Test of internet speed
During this test, an ideal download speed is at least 25 to 50 Mbps.
Yes, you might be able to get by with less, but at rates any lower than 25 Mbps, you’re quite likely to face lag and slowness.
Since broadcasting is a download procedure, pay attention to the download speed statistic rather than the upload speed.
There are likely two causes if the download speed is less than 25 to 50 Mbps:
- You are not paying enough for fast internet. Since utilizing WiFi quickly reduces this speed to 100 Mbps and using a VPN further reduces it by half, you should aim for at least 200 Mbps. If it is a 200 Mbps package, your final Internet speed is 50 Mbps! It means that you’re too far away from your Wifi or your router is malfunctioning.
No matter how fast your internet is, if your router is old or of poor quality, you will experience slowness. Think about getting a new one. Consider purchasing a WiFi extender if your router is functioning well in order to provide your Firestick with a greater signal.
Check the speed of your Firestick’s internet connection
Next, you should immediately verify your Firestick device’s Internet speed.
Enter “speed test” into the search bar on your Firestick to get started. You should definitely download Analiti, in my opinion. The speed test offered here is the most precise one.
Once more, pay attention to the download speed figure (not the upload speed). You need a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps.
Update the OS on your Firestick
If your Firestick’s software is out of current, you may have a variety of problems. Simply check the settings menu for any fresh Firestick OS upgrades to solve this issue.
- Navigate to SETTINGS > MY FIRE TV > ABOUT > INSTALL UPDATE to update the software on your Firestick.
- Select install if an update is available. It will finish in a few minutes.
To use the most recent software, make sure your Firestick is regularly updated. By doing this, you can be sure that your smartphone will continue to work with the Disney Plus app.
Your Firestick has been factory reset
It’s time to try a complete factory reset if you do other steps but it’s not work.
Remember that a factory reset will restore your Firestick’s settings to what they were on the day you purchased it. Your whole collection of programs, settings, installations, etc. will be erased as a result.
(Despite this, all of the apps will still be connected to your account; you will just need to download them all again.)
Go to the HOME menu, Settings > My Fire TV, then Reset to Factory Defaults to do a factory reset.
This process will probably take a few minutes to finish. You will have to start the setup procedure over once your Firestick is back on.
Above are the simplest ways to fix Disney Plus not working on Firestick error. Hope the article helps you and helps you to successfully fix the disney plus not working on Firestick error. If you have any questions about the article, don’t hesitate to leave a question below in the comments to help us. Enjoy your day and be full of energy.
READ MORE | Black Screen of Death on LG TV