Screencastify is a free screen recorder using which you can capture screenshots of your desktop and also record the screen activity. The screen video recorder offers a wide range of features that would benefit normal users, teachers, and tutors alike. Record the desktop screen, browser or from the webcam using Screencastify. The screen recorder also lets you embed the videos and enable the microphone to record voices also. You can also perform basic edits on the recorded videos by using the video editing tools. Trim or crop the unwanted bits of the recordings. Also, you can reduce the video lengths by selecting the beginning and end of the videos, that is, start and end time. Screencastify also enables you to perform real-time edits by using the drawing tools. You can add texts; do a freehand drawing with various brushes and colors while the screen recorder is on.
Add Screencastify to your browser as an extension and start recording videos right from the browser. You can share your work through email, shareable links and also upload them on video websites such as YouTube.
Screencastify Screen Recorder Features:
- Record your desktop screen activity at the same time capture snapshots of it with the help of this free screen capture tool.
- You can also record your browser, and directly from the webcam using this screen capture software. Therefore, you can easily record your favorite movies or shows directly from the browser without taking the trouble of downloading them.
- Similarly, record videos directly from the webcam which is very helpful if you want to record documentaries or add your video as a background in other videos.
- Add audio files in the recorded videos from the system. Furthermore, you can record online videos with or without enabling the volume. Switch the microphone on to record the audio also.
- The screen capture software enables you to embed the webcam before recording the screen.
- You do not require any internet connection while recording the screen or from the webcam. However, it is only needed for sharing or uploading your recordings.
- Screencastify lets you share your recordings with your friends and family through links and also upload them on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook and more.
- In addition, you can export the videos directly to MP4 format or save them to your system in the same. The screen capture tool also lets you export files as GIFs.
- Sync your cloud with the browser and all your recording will automatically get saved in the cloud. Therefore, you will easily be able to access the videos from anywhere and at any time from your mobile device.
- Switch on the focus mode that brightens up the area around the mouse and dims the rest. This feature is very helpful if you are recording for tutorials or presentations.
Screencastify Free Screen Recorder System Requirements:
- Operation System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (32-bit and 64-Bit)
- File Size: 10 MB
- Memory: 512 MB RAM minimum
- Processor: Intel Pentium, AMD, or later version
- Browser: Google Chrome