Are you looking for the best free animation software for Windows PC and other Windows Based devices? Do you want to create stunning stop motion animations quickly and effortlessly? No need to worry because there are numerous animation software’s available in the modern software market for both paid and free versions. For that, we compiled 5 best free 2D and 3D animation software’s for all beginners to use on their Windows Operating Systems.
As we all know that there are valid reasons to use animation software’s on your devices. Foremost importance is to create movies, characters, and also add voice over to the objects, characters, etc. In other facts, all users can have 3D experience on their computers.
Top 5 Best Animation Software for Windows 10/8/7 (32/64-bit) in 2020 are
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Animate
- Pencil 2D
- Synfig Studio
Let’s discuss all these free and paid top 5 best Animation Software for Beginners in 2020 that work on all their Windows Systems.
Blender is one of the top 5 best animation software for beginners in 2020 that mainly designed for Windows Systems. With the help of this application, all beginners can make 3D/2D videos or movies in a few mouse clicks. It has excellent features and functionalities to deliver all their needs in no time. The interface in this free animation software is easy to use, initiative, and even user-friendly so that all Windows users can access it freely all the time. It is also best known for video editing software that most of the beginners may use to edit all their essential video files with excellent quality.
Blender Free for Windows 10/8/7 Main Features:
- Blender free for Windows 10/8/7 comes with a simple user interface so beginners can easily and quickly create all their 2D and 3D videos and movies in no time.
- The best free animation software in 2020 has a powerful unbiased rendering engine that gives beautiful ultra-realistic rendering.
- With the help of modeling tools, users can create, transform, and even edit all their models a breeze. Some of the modeling tools and functions including in the animation software are N-Gon support, add-ons, Grid and Bridge fill, and many more.
- Besides, it comes with many inbuilt brushes such as Clay Strips, Crease, Grab, Pinch, Mask, Smooth, and many more.
- The dynamic topology in this program enables users to add or remove full details on the fly.
- Users can control a character or object animation through the targets that were by its constraints.
- The grease pencil object enables all Windows users to draw lines or arcs in the 3D space. Also, they can make cut-out animations, traditional 3D animations, motion graphics, and other things.
- It comes with a fully-fledged in-built compositor that permits users to post-produce their renders without leaving Blender.
- Most importantly, you can add fire, cloth, fog, fluid, rain, and more in their projects to take them to an extreme level.
- This freeware application supports all kinds of video and audio file formats such as JPEG2000, JPEG, TARGA, PNG, DPX, OpenEXR, Radiance HDR, Cineon, TIFF, MPEG, AVI, QuickTime, and many more.
- On the other hand, the Blender Animation Software has an inbuilt video editor that helps all users to edit, crop, cut, and align videos as per their preferences. It includes Chroma vectorscope, luma waveform, live preview, audio mixing, waveform visualization, filters, Speed control, adjustment layers, and many more.
Click here to get the download link of Blender for Windows 10/7 PC
2. Autodesk Maya
Autodesk Maya is the best animation software for Windows PC and other Windows devices. By using this freeware program, users can create complex characters, expensive worlds, and other dazzling effects in no time. It has a simple and graphical user-friendly interface so that both the beginners and expert users can deliver all their tasks in no time.
Salient Features of Autodesk Maya for Beginners:
- The Autodesk Maya free for Windows 10/8/7 helps all beginners to create motion objects and characters within a few mouse clicks.
- With different dynamics and effects, all users can create stunning characters, objects effortlessly.
- The XGen interactive grooming provides varieties of tools, including modifiers, sculpting brushes, sculpting layers, and many more to create all styles of fur and hair.
- Furthermore, users can create realistic ocean surfaces with ripples, waves, and wakes in no time.
- This top 5 best animation software for beginners allows to organizing numerous files that were associated with scene files into a project.
- Users can resize the panels just by dragging the edges when a double-headed arrow cursor arrives.
- Additionally, you can save rendering picture files in all kinds of file formats such as AVI, JPEG, BMP, IFF, PSD, RLA, SVG, EXR, TGA, TIFF, and many more.
Click here to get the download link of Autodesk Maya.
3. Adobe Animate
Adobe Animate is listed as one of the Best Animation Software for Beginners in 2020. In this program, users can create 2D and 3D characters for movies, games, videos, and many more. It is a one-stop solution for the animation process.
The Adobe Animate free for Windows PC includes excellent features and functionalities to perform all their tasks in no time. The user interface in this top 5 best animation software in 2020 is a reliable, initiative, and even friendly so that all users (new & old) users can access it freely whenever they needed.
Adobe Animate for Beginners (Windows) Key Features:
- Adobe Animate free for Windows 10/8/7 PC helps all users to create interactive mobile and web content for ads and games using powerful animation tools.
- With the use of this freeware application, users can create publish their projects to many platforms, including Flash/Adobe AIR, WebGL, HTML5 Canvas, and other custom platforms like SVG.
- Moreover, users can make their characters talk, blink, and walk with smooth frame-by-frame animation.
- This professional animation software for PC Windows enables users to create interactive web and online banners that respond to all their interactions, such as touch, mouse movement, and clicks.
- In the same way, all beginners can add many layers to the composition and also utilize different drawing tools, such as the Pen, Rectangle, and Brush tools, to finish all the drawings in the background scene.
Click here to know some more about Adobe Animate free for Beginners.
4. Pencil 2D
Pencil 2D is one of the free and open-source 2D animation software for Windows PC and other Windows-based devices to have 2D experience. The main objective of using this top best animation software for beginners is to create hand-drawn 2D animations in no time. Besides, the Pencil 2D is a cross-platform and fully works on Windows PC, Linux, MacOS Operating Systems.
Pencil 2D – Free 2D Animation Software for Beginners Key Features:
- Pencil 2D free for Windows 10/8/7 comes with a simple, easy to navigate, and even user-friendly so that both the technical and non-technical users can access it freely all the time.
- By using this smart and robust animation software, all users can create 2D animations with powerful layers, effects, and other filters to take their project to the next level.
- Moreover, the top 5 best animation software includes many tools like Selection tools, Undo/Redo/ Color palette, Blur Tool, fill Tool, and many more.
Click here to get the download link of Pencil 2D Animation Software for Windows PC.
5. Synfig Studio
Synfig Studio for Windows PC is the free and open-source 2D animation software that mainly designed for Beginners to create 2D animations in just a few clicks. Furthermore, it allows all Windows users to bring out creativity with this professional animation software through the picturesque 2D graphics. The Synfig Studio comes with a neat and graphical user-friendly interface so that both the advanced and new users can use it freely on their computers. The free 2D animation software for PC includes some of the excellent features, including determining the sound, frame rate, import images, and even adding colors, and more. It is also available for MacOS and Linux Operating Systems.
Synfig Studio Key Features:
- Synfig Studio free is also placed on the 5 top best animation software for beginners in 2020. This Synfig Studio is available for free so that all Windows users can easily download it on all the Windows PCs for free of charge.
- By choosing this program, all users can create high-quality movies, animations, and other cartoons in just a few mouse clicks.
- Moreover, you can save your project in all standard file formats such as PNG, AVI, TGA, GIF, and many more.
- You can apply all complex deformations to the bitmap artworks with the help of the Skeleton Distortion layer.
- The Synfig Studio includes many powerful tools like Spline tool, Width tool, gradient tool, Draw tool, brush tool, and many more.
- Also, it comes with different layers that include transformations, gradients, geometric, fractal, etc.
- In this application, users can create stunning slideshows in many ways from a series of images.
Get the download link of Synfig Studio Free for PC Windows.
Animation Software (2020) for Windows 10/8/7 System Requirements:
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (both 32, 64-bit architectures)
- Processor: Intel Core Pentium or later
- Internal Memory: 512 to 1 GB RAM require or above
- Hard Disk Drive: 2 GB free disk space needed or above
On the whole, I would like to conclude by saying that all the above 5 best animation software has full functional features and a well-organized user interface so that all beginners can perform their tasks in less time. By using all the above free animation software’s, you can create some awesome animation with different tools and layers that it offers. Besides, the 2D and 3D animation software for beginners supports all kinds of image and audio file formats.
The top 5 Best Animation Software for Beginners in 2020 is free to download for all Windows systems from XP to 10 (x86/x64) and follow simple mouse clicks to install and run on your personal PCs and laptops.